Check out some of these terrific ideas for celebrating the nation’s birthday locally. From parade excitement and community festivals to the bright, bursting, traditional fireworks that finish the day, there is plenty to see, do and participate in – all around Utah.
- Head to Park City with your family for a 4th of July celebration and fireworks show at the Park City Mountain Resort from 11AM to 11PM. Hear live music, participate in activities, and indulge in BBQ eats.
- There’s big events happening in Provo for the 4th of July! The Grand Parade features marching bands, professional floats, and local performers beginning at 9PM; Freedom Days (running July 2-4) is a family-friendly event with plenty of fair food, shopping, art, and live entertainment; the 34th annual Balloon Fest (also running July 2-4) lets you get up close to giant balloons and watch them soar from 6AM to 8AM.
- Celebrate in Salt Lake City with a fireworks show at Jordan Park that starts at 10PM.
- Have fun running at a 4th of July 5K in Sandy! This holiday race takes place at 9AM at Promenade Wetlands.
- Liberty Days is happening at This Is The Place Heritage Park in Salt Lake City from 10AM to 5PM where you can pan for gold, ride ponies and a train, celebrate American with old fashioned fun and dancing, and watch as they set off the Candy Canon.
Happy Birthday, America!