There are several reasons people move great distances – whether it’s for new job opportunities, to be near family members, for economic reasons, better weather, etc. While moving can be an exciting time, it can also come with a lot of stress and anxiety. You move into a new house, get new neighbors, meet new people and start new beginnings.
Relocation affects many families throughout the country and since here at Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage we help families move in from one home to another, we’re curious to know the stories behind these transitions.
If you’re a high school student (or know someone who is) that has experienced relocation first-hand, then your relocation story could help go towards your college tuition.
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage and Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties will offer a $2,000 Relocation College Scholarship to one student from Utah.
We know that college can be expensive. Between the cost of tuition, book fees, living fees and more, pursuing a higher education can be an intimidating financial undertaking to say the least.
It’s Coldwell Banker’s hope that through these scholarships, high school students will be encouraged to pursue a higher education and achieve success as a result of their studies.
In order to participate in the Relocation College Scholarship program, students will need to submit an original essay describing their personal experience with relocation and how that experience made an impact on their lives. Essays will need to be 1,000 words or less and must be submitted between March 1 and June 15 in order to be considered.
Coldwell Banker is looking for a student who displays excellent writing skills, is able to communicate their relocation experience in a thoughtful manner, and can really make their essay standout from the rest!
The winning essay will be selected based on a scoring system and a blind review that ensures fairness and confidentiality for every applicant.
Interested in applying? Check out the application form here and the below eligibility requirements before you start crafting your essay:
- Acceptable applicants will be high school seniors set to graduate in the spring semester of 2016.
- Applicants cannot be a family member of any employee of Coldwell Banker Residential/Pacific Brokerage, NRT or a family member of any Independent Sales Associate affiliated with the brand.
- Applicants must submit all required application information.
- A minimum of 30 essays must be received from separate parties in order for the scholarship to be paid out.
- One winner from Utah will receive a scholarship in the amount of $2,000. Scholarship check will be paid directly to the college of the student’s choice.
- All submitted essays become the property of Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage and Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties and may be re-printed on social media.
Essays and applications can be submitted via mail to: Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, Relocation Department Scholarship Application, 1855 Gateway Blvd #750, Concord, CA 94520.
If you prefer sending your essay and application form via e-mail, please send it to Kathy.firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing about your relocation experience!