Utah will showcase art in every possible form, attracting locals and visitors alike in celebration of the 38th Annual Utah Arts Festival. From June 25 to 28, Salt Lake City will feature over 169 visual artists across Utah, the country and beyond with plenty in store for guests—from art and technology to live musical and theatrical performances.
And with discounted tickets and some highly anticipated events, you don’t want to miss out on this city’s celebration of all things art.
Here’s a Look at Utah Arts Festival’s Can’t-Miss Attractions and Events:
2015 Artist Marketplace
The Artist Marketplace is set to showcase 164 visual artists from across the country, with mediums including everything from mixed media and ceramics to digital art and jewelry. Take a look at some of the featured mediums and artists here.
The Utah Arts Festival promises to impress with six major performing arts stages showcasing some of the best musical and artistic talents around.
- Music: Music headliners include Micky & The Motorcars, Erin Harpe & The Delta Swingers and Frank Vignola & Vinny Raniolo. Click here for the full list. Local music highlights include performances from Crook & the Bluff, The Weekenders and House of Lewis. Check out the complete schedule for bands on all stages here.
- Dance: Utah’s Repertory Dance Theatre will be featuring three new works this year: “Bella di Notte”, “Andante” and “Hang On,” with high energy, a little humor and lots of drama throughout. Figure out which performance to attend by clicking here.
- Street Dance: Wondering what this performance consists of? Think dance competitions, magic, props and street percussion combined into one amazing act. These performances are jam packed with action and are sure to entertain guests of all ages. See the full schedule here.
Workshops and Special Events
Interested in interacting with some of the artists featured at the festival? What about attending a learning workshop or special event? Read on to learn more!
- Literary Art Workshops: Create art of your own at one of Utah Arts Festival’s literary art workshops. From writing contests and readings to workshops and performances—there’s truly something for everyone. Click here for more information.
- The Big Deal Brunch 2015: Join the Utah Arts Festival for the Big Deal Brunch on Sunday, June 28, from 11 am to 1 pm located at the Hospitality Patio. Tickets start at $35 and include admission to the Festival for the day, brunch, juice, coffee, and live entertainment. Purchase your tickets and learn more here.
Festival for Kids
With snacks, interactive sculptures and fun projects, the Utah Arts Festival has the perfect hangout spots for kids. Children can venture over to the Art Yard and go back in time to Ancient Egypt where they can explore the pyramids, mummification process and more! Or they can hang at the Summerhays Music Center and see what it’s like to play with a real band or orchestra under the supervision of a music teacher. Check out other kid-friendly festival activities here.
With loads of art, activities and events—there’s no shortage of fun to be had at the Utah Arts Festival. Feeling inspired? Purchase your tickets here. Want to learn more about the festival itself? Click here or follow the hashtage #ArtLivesHere.
Photo Credit: Nicole Morgenthau. Photo courtesy of Utah Arts Festival.