It’s time to get your green on. We’re talking St. Patty’s themed food, drinks and crafts in honor of St. Patrick’s Day on March 17. And the best part? You don’t even need to have the luck of the Irish for these DIY projects to turn out beautifully. In fact, incorporating a little green and gold has never been easier.
From festive food and drinks to creative décor—we’ve got you covered. Check out some of our favorite St. Patty’s day inspired projects below.
- It’s Your Lucky Day: Start your morning off right with some St. Patty’s Day pancakes. Your kids will love you for making these and you can enjoy them as well. But don’t let the color fool you—these green pancakes are just as good as your mother’s recipe topped with a little something extra. Yes, those are lucky charms you’re looking at. Pile on the whipped cream, sprinkle a few more lucky charms on there (for the extra luck of course) and enjoy! You can find the recipe here.
- Catch a Leprechaun With A Pot of Gold: With food out of the way, it’s time to get crafty. Create your very own St. Patrick’s Day Mason jar and use it as a festive accent to your dinner table. Then fill it with your favorite candy— either gold wrapper Reeses Peanut Butter Cups or Rolos will do the trick. Learn how to make your very own pot of gold here.
- Create Envy With Green: Having a St. Patty’s dinner party? Amaze your guests with this perfectly festive shamrock arrangement. Inspired by spring and all things green, this floral arrangement brings St. Patty’s Day to a whole other level. Combine naturally green Prado carnations and regular white carnations for a fresh and whimsical arrangement. Learn how to make the arrangement here.
- St. Patty’s Sweets: Our hats go off to this delicious take on s’mores. With fudge cookies, gooey marshmallows and milk chocolate, you simply can’t go wrong. Plus, they are a fun activity to do with your own little leprechauns. Get the recipe here.
- Leave Behind A Trail Of Gold: Create your own luck with this festive penny décor. With just a few materials, your mantle will be looking like a million bucks in no time! See how to make it here.
- Crafty Drinks: It’s not St. Patty’s Day without some festive drinks. Try serving these kid-friendly sherbet floats for a super sweet and satisfying treat. Serve them in mason jars topped with festive straws for a perfectly festive drink.
What are some of your must-have St. Patty’s Day treats and decorations? Share with us in the comments section below!