Did you watch the Oscars last night? In case you weren’t able to sit down and enjoy all of the entertainment from Hollywood’s biggest night of the year, these were a few of our highlights.
- Host Neil Patrick Harris kicked off the night in full swing with a clever opening musical number along with pals Anna Kendrick, dressed head to toe in a Cinderella gown inspired by one of her latest films Into the Woods, and Jack Black, who offered a little humorous cynicism accompanied by a rock-inspired jam.
- One word that sums up Graham Moore’s acceptance speech after winning Best Adapted Screenplay for The Imitation Game? Amazing. Graham took his moment to address the issue of suicide and depression for kids that don’t feel like they fit in, stating, “Stay weird. Stay different. And when it’s your turn and you are standing on this stage please pass along the same message.” Well done, Graham.
- We can’t talk about the Oscars without mentioning fashion, and dare we say that Emma Stone’s Elie Saab gown is worthy its own Oscar? Emma was literally dripping in chartreuse in a custom long-sleeved dress that paired perfectly with her red tousled hair.
- Sometimes less is more. Lady Gaga ditched her usual eccentric outfits and makeup for an honest and beautiful performance honoring the 5oth Anniversary of The Sound of Music. The results? Absolutely breathtaking.
- And finally, one of our favorite highlights introduced Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage’s newest stars in the “Home’s Best Friend” national TV commercial featuring a whole lot of cuteness, a little slobber and lots of love. Didn’t catch it? Watch it here.
Want to keep the awards show glamour going year round? Here’s a striking home worthy of housing an Oscar statuette (not to mention that it comes with it’s own screening room).
2750 E Creekcrossing Lane is listed by Neil Glover of Coldwell Banker Salt Lake – Sugar House.